Come visit the Shaleshock Outreach Office to pick up free materials you can use to get the word out about natural gas drilling in your neighborhood – lawn signs, buttons, bumper stickers, pamphlets, posters, business cards, and more. If you can, please make a donation to help defray costs.
“No Frack” Road Signs, Stickers & Buttons*
“No Frack” Road Signs, Stickers and Buttons have been made by members of the community for distribution & download.
Where and how can I get them?
For individuals: Signs and buttons may be available at the Shaleshock Outreach Office in Ithaca, NY. We ask for a $5 donation per/sign and $1 per/button to help with costs. You can donate at the office or here.
For organizations: Need a stack of 50 signs for an upcoming event? Want to hand out buttons in your neighborhood? You can order your own signs from Victory Store, and 2.25 inch buttons from WackyButtons.com. Or share an order with the Outreach Group and pick them up in Ithaca. For specific ordering advice, or to share an order: Contact Shaleshockoutreach@gmail.com
You can also Download the art to make your own _____ you name it!
*NOTE: This image is copyrighted. Use by non-profit groups is permitted. Profit-making entities must obtain permission for use by contacting: email@example.com.
- [UPDATED] Concerned About Gas Drilling? – 14×22
- [UPDATED] Concerned About Gas Drilling? – 18×24
- Natural Gas Drilling: Coming to a field near you? (Tompkins County) – 8.5×11
- Natural Gas Drilling: Coming to a field near you? (Tompkins County) – 11×17
- Natural Gas Drilling: Coming to a field near you? (Any county) – 8.5×11
- Natural Gas Drilling: Coming to a field near you? (Any county) – 11×17
Pamphlets and other essentials
- Shaleshock Newsletter (First Issue)
- [UPDATED] Natural Gas Drilling in the Finger Lakes Region – Pamphlet
- Contact list of federal, state, and local elected officials
- Map of Tompkins County Natural Gas Leases
- Gas wells and water FAQ sheet – Documenting Contamination
- Report on Gas Drilling Submitted to Cortland County Legislature by Jim Weiss, Chairman, Planning Board of the Town of Freetown, August 27, 2009
Comprehensive guides to what lawmakers, public officials, organizers, and activists can do
Please use these yourself and help us distribute them!
- [NEW] How Can You Help – set up to print single-sided; you can staple it once in the corner
- [NEW] How Can You Help – for double-sided printing so it can be folded together like a booklet and saddle-stitched or stapled along its spine
- [NEW] How Can You Help – optimized for printing at Gnomon Copy; they can fold, collate, and staple them for you
- “A Legal and Practical Guide to Protecting Your Citizens and the Environment in the Face of Marcellus Shale Natural Gas Drilling” By Kimberlea Rea, Esq.
- “Preparing for Natural Gas Development in Sullivan County: Understanding Impacts and Protecting Public Assets” by the Sullivan County Gas Drilling Task Force